Thursday 29 March 2012

The Hunger Games

So I’ve read the books, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and today I saw the movie and I have to say that I am impressed. Jennifer Lawrence does complete justice to the character of Katniss Everdeen although for some reason I imagined Katniss short. More like Ellen Page.

Both guys, Gale (Liam Hemsworth) and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) are cute and sigh-worthy so no complains on that front. 

My only complain is that they haven't shown a lot of action scenes with Peeta taking charge. Katniss is doing all the fighting.

Also they have added few scenes that weren't there in the book and even a new character, I think. The guy whose name I don’t know, but I call him Weird Beard in my head wasn’t there in the book as fas as I remember. Can’t be too sure.
The extra scenes mesh with the movie very well. It is beautifully directed and for the first time I am satisfied with a movie made on the basis of a fantasy novel. The Twilight movies totally ruined the books for me but The Hunger Games only made it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment