Tuesday 4 November 2014

My desires make me feel alive

I desire to eat cereal, to watch a monk give a lecture on YouTube, to sometimes do my homework, to go for coffee with a guy I met online, to travel, to read, to socialize with people, to take a class in journalism, to write this post.
  Maybe today is the day I will finally start valuing my desires and start following in the direction they lead me, maybe from today I will stop worrying about earning my livelihood from them. 
  OK, so the latter is definitely going to take more work. But today's meditation made me realize that we don't always have to look at the bigger picture. For days now I have been asking 'What is my purpose?' And I realized that my purpose is to eat cereal and to gain more wisdom, and to give, forever be in the spirit of giving, for giving is nothing but receiving tenfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment