Sunday 30 December 2012

Mr and Ms Popular — my entry to the Get Published contest


The Idea Description:
You know that couple in school that were that you admired from afar? Thecouple, you secretky wished you were a part of?
  Well, Ananya and Sarthak were that couple but was it all hearts and flowers as it looked from the outside?
  Follow these two mere fifteen-year-olds deal with what seems to be the biggest problem they’re going to face in their life.
What Makes This Story ‘Real’:         
Even though its been years since we left school, we don’t forget our biggest crushes and our ‘first loves’. This story is about the innocence and the naiveté that young adults show.
Extract from the story:
“What am I going to do without him, Anaita? He’s the love of my life. I’m sure of it.” I fall on the bed, removing the only photo I have of him from the pillow covers and staring at his chubby tanned face. In the original photo he is standing with his parents but I cut them out after saving it from Facebook and printing it. I let my tears fall on the thin piece of paper, smudging his face so that it looks like he has black holes for eyes and a twisted nose.

This is my entry for the HarperCollins–IndiBlogger Get Published contest, which is run with inputs fromYashodhara Lal and HarperCollins India.


5 comments:

  1. You have a new follower! You write well! Best wishes!
    Deepa
    The British are back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a request. Please turn off Captcha. Turn on moderation if you wish to, but Captcha is a big turn off for people wishing to comment! Hope you don't mind my saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear, Deepa.
      You don't know how grateful I am, as an aspiring writer, to hear praises from you.
      I don't know what Captcha is but I will Google it and turn it right off.
      Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
      I'll post the link in a few so that you can vote for me.

      Delete
    2. So, here is the link where I think you can vote. I think you can sign into Facebook and do it as well but indiblogger is a getter option.

      http://www.indiblogger.in/getpublished/idea/385

      Delete
    3. Captcha is the one that asks us to type a series of letters and numbers as in an image to prove we're not a robot. Very irritated. Design --> Settings --> Posts and comments --> Show word verification. If you start getting hit by spammers who leave a lot of anonymous comments, then within the who can comment section, you can select Registered user, so people cannot comment anonymously.

      For the link: Within each post (not as a comment), leave the corresponding Indiblogger link so that people coming and reading your post can directly go to Indiblogger link to vote. For example: Here's a random post I found which has an entry to the contest. Note the way he/she has put the link within the post. That way even if I don't come to your site through Indiblogger and just land here through Google, it still gives me a chance to vote for you. http://whynotvikalp.blogspot.in/2013/01/the-question-my-entry-for-get-published.html

      Hope that helps! Best of luck again.

      Delete