Sunday 8 April 2012

BBM And Its Limitations.


So do you remember that time when we first got BBM and everyone was like, "this stuff is so cool". You can chat unlimited for only Rs.300 AND update every move of your life as a status. It was everything you ever wanted and you didn't even know.
But, today was different. I was in the car with my parents sitting ahead. Mom was driving. This is how it happened:
Mom: P.
Me: Hm? *send my friend a hug*
Mom: P!
Me: Hm? *get two hugs in return and a big smiley*
Mom: P, look outside the window!
Me: Hm? *send big smiley and eyelashes in return*
Mom: P! LOOK OUTSIDE THE WINDOW!
Me: *look up from my BB, sigh in frustration at what the big deal is and look out the window*
What I saw was an elephant. I'm not kidding, I would've missed an elephant which is as large as life only because I was so engrossed in sending virtual hugs to a friend with whom I'm barely in touch with. This isn't the first time I've seen an elephant walk the streets of Mumbai. But, it definitely is a novelty.
This is what a Blackberry does to you. It took me a year and a half to realise this.
I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment