Tuesday 15 May 2012

I am a Twilight Fan, Sue Me.


I have to say that I am a Twilight fan. Yes, you might be scoffing as you read this and must be thinking, “This chick is lame.” I know, I know, it is a lame book, but to those who have read it, you have to agree with me about how addictive it is.
It is unbelievable on many levels excluding the fact that there are vampires and werewolves involved. I mean Bella calls Edward beautiful, who the hell talks like that? Edward is practically in a live-in with Bella and Charlie doesn’t know that despite the fact that he’s a cop. Bella simply takes Edward in after he leaves her for seven months for other vampires to eat her up without a word. She becomes pregnant by an undead person. Her willingness to become a vampire is staggering. And the fact that Edward can actually resist her even though he is a 108-year-old virgin. Yes, I agree that all those things are lame and unbelievable and silly. But, it is insanely addictive. (I mean, let’s face it, the book doesn’t have much of a plot. It’s all about Edward and Bella.) Stephanie Meyer’s writing is haunting and addictive. You don’t want to read the book, trust me, you are forced to finish it because it will keep nagging you even after you have turned the last page (just as it says on the back cover). The same thing happened with her other book, The Host.
That’s why the movies weren’t so good, because they cannot capture the addictively haunting essence of the book into the movie, Although Breaking Dawn did outdo itself and I am a Robert Pattinson fan through and throuugh. So yes, I agree that the book is lame and the plot is non-existent but the book is addictive as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment