Thursday 3 May 2012

Types of Friends


I essentially divide them into three categories:

THE ROCK
 There are those whom I’ve known forever but I don’t really know them. They are mostly the old friends. I love them, adore them, can’t imagine life without them, think of them as a drug. Am sort of addicted to their very presence, their approval, and their opinions. This is steady friendship.

THE WATER
Then there are those that I see everyday. My relationship is more formal and I’m within my limits. Mostly because I have to see them everyday. But they are nice. They are fun. Not as great as the old friends that have been there all my life but this kind is a necessity because I need a break from those old friends. Kind of like you need a break from family. They come and go but they are permanent in a temporary way. I will lose the connection once I stop meeting them.

THE BREEZE
Then there are those friends. And this is my favourite kind. They don’t meet me very often. They don’t bother to keep in touch and neither do I. But when I meet them, most of the time it’s by accident. But when I do it’s like no time has passed by. It’s nostalgic but it’s still fresh. It’s the purest form of friendship, I guess. One that only gets you happiness. Because here there are no expectations, no conditions, just pure effortless friendship. When I’m with them, we smile, probably laugh and then part again. And when we part we are not sad because we know we’re going to meet again and share the same laugh. It comes and goes as it pleases. But it

1 comment: