Monday 28 May 2012

My First Baking Lesson


I went for my first baking class. We learnt how to bake cupcakes. If anyone out there knows of LSD on Carter’s then they also know how awesome their cupcakes are, well, the same person taught me.
Anyway, getting to my experience: It was a good experience for a first baking lesson. I didn’t know a lot of things cause I’m such an amateur in the kitchen but it was surprisingly easy. You just have to mix stuff in a big bowl and then bake it. OK, it’s not that easy but you get the picture.
Can I complain about how many calories go into baking please? Its all about, butter and cheese and sugar and chocolate.  But the result was worth each calorie I too in. It was all a blast of soft, spongy and creamy and chocolaty all at once.
One more thing I realise today was why baking is always differentiated from cooking. Baking is more about measurement and ingredients and flour. Those who bake aren’t necessarily good cooks and the reason was obvious, we never went to the gas once. It was all about mixing and then putting the batter to bake at the right temperature and for the right amount of time.
So I had a blast on my first cooking lesson, sorry baking lesson and I hope they turn out to be as good as they did there.
Thanks for reading. I like comments even more than the Gooey Chocolate Cupcake I made today. So please leave some.

No comments:

Post a Comment